Thursday, June 22, 2006

prepping for shoot

the edit lesson went really well. so now batch capturing stuff from thailand for shadow orchestra album launch visuals.

also writing script. its shaping up really well.

doing visual editing as I write and seeing images of thailand is very helpful. also gives me stiry ideas and ideas of how to shoot it.

still nervous. need to to sort out financial stuff and budgets.

Sara in the office is doing an amazing job as is justine. They are really getting stuff done I'm so imoressed.

Illya has replied with a bunch of equipment that OSCAR may be able to lend us.

I have bought a senheiser 416 and boom kit to go with the trusty ol' PD 170.

now thinking about rain jackets for it and a backpack. i found the shoulder bag a real hassle in tough terrain like when we were up north.

I have a feeling that on this shoot a backpack is the way forward.

gonna organise all the kit, laptop, printers etc on monday so we can get be prepared for everything.

better confirm with rob and sandra too. rob could do boom and look after kit take care of lens changes etc. and sandra would make a great 1st AD/ bookeeper.

our accountant has prepared spreadsheets for us to keep track of cash so me and sandra can go through it together every night and know how much are actuals are coming to. Really can't afford to go overbudget.

justine spoke to film london who suggested I call paul tribitz at the film council as he might have some money to put our way. I'll give it a go.

Part of me would still love to take a director of photography out... part of me is looking forward to operating.

id like to hire a steadycam thing maybe VMI will give is a deal.

still waiting for all the actors agents to properly confirm. I'd like to really get on and read through the scripts with them and talk scheduling.

Shobna has totally confirmed but she isnt free to go through the script till sunday. Jules is coiming round this afternoon so I'll show her new draft. hmmm.

there are tasks that i'm avoiding, i need to get a charge card for the company account so i can withdraw cash out there.

apologies if this blog is boring but i guess im just writing the diary of a feature film.... fear is interesting i guess... i have lots of fear! heh heh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home