Tuesday, June 20, 2006

that's me, in middle, volounteering in flood zone.

morning.

on my way to a final cut pro course.

I don't think I'll edit the feature myself but I'm definitely editing other stuff myself at the moment: music videos and visuals for my fiance's band, the shadow orchestra, as well as other bits and bobs. just did a job for the contact theatre in manchester filming performance poets- amazing experience.

the thai shoot is prepping well. I'm very lucky being half thai.

long skype chats with my mum who also makes TV shows for kids to help them understand environmental issues.

She's helping a lot setting up the shoot as is illya. It's been really fun. Justine has doen a budget and we're working on a schedule though i noticed we managed to leave a key scene out.. probably cos my waffling confused her! She's probably already spotted it though. she tends to have done most producer typte stuff before I've though of it - i've noticed.

we had a long skype session too it was great. beats conference calls because its intimate, free and incredibly relaxed. its like being in the same room so you can work on documents check things out on the internet together.

had a session with bee from futon in thailand. I really would like them to perform in a bar scene- that reminds me i have to check with jordi their manager. also he's apparently really knowledgeable about locations in thailand having shot a few ads there and recced it very thoroughly.

texted the tsunami volounteers up in the flood zone. they are happy for us to come up which is great. be good to see those guys again.

so far cast:
juliet cowan (this life and other stuff)
shobna gulati (coronation street and other stuff)
stuart bowman (he was the original begbie in the play of trainspotting.. very good actor)
celyn jones (shackleton and lassie- fine improviser with great comic touch)

I've worked with them all and its like going on tour with a quartet of very fine musicians. they are all good improvisors.

at the moment i'm just taking the script from treatment to a script (which we'll impro around) and the script is being adjusted to our schedule and locations.

better go learn how to edit

speak soon peace and love tinge
ps check out a couple of little shorts i did on u-tube and my space.. there's more coming soon as soon as i get my final cut figured out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home